You have no items in your shopping cart.
Great for saving images of receipts, important documents, book excerpts, and even patterns for decorating. This scanner makes capturing photos of loved ones, or even for saving a note from a friend simple too! Scanner is cordless and portable.
Easy-to-use, easy-to-store the Merlin Portable Scanner is a great home and office solution. Use the Portable Scanner to prepare your taxes, keep track of business cards, store recipes, or input all your photos. It's easy-to-use, connects via USB to your computer and it requires only 3 AAA batteries (not included). Comes with USB cable and is compatible with Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.4 or above (Direct plug-in, driver installation not required). Merlin Portable Scanner lets you scan anything
Lightweight and portable, Mini scanner is your good business partner, you can take it anywhere together with your laptop.
|In Depth||♦Scan your documents of photos and save them into digital format files ♦Picture direct scanning software included. ♦File format: JPG, PDF ♦Fast and convenient way to scan, archive and organize: scan articles or favorite recipes for your later use, scan and copy important legal and financial documents and other documents such as letters or datebooks and archive them, turn stacks of documents into organized digital files ♦Lightweight and portable, carry it with you anywhere ♦Optical Character Regognition (OCR) software included; converts and exports scanned files to computer for editing ♦Contact Image Sensor:300DPI – (Scanning width=217mm x up to approx. 1200mm length) 600DPI – (Scanning width=217mm x up to approx. 600mm length) ♦Approximate scanning speed* (standard letter size): ♦High resolution with colour ~ 4 Sec. ♦High resolution with monochromatic ~ 2 Sec. ♦Standard resolution with color ~ 2 Sec. ♦Standard resolution with monochromatic ~ 1Sec. e.g., scan a U.S. passport size in: ♦High resolution/monochromatic ~ 1 sec. ♦High resolution/color ~ 2 Sec. Scan approx. 210x300mm area of a news paper: ♦High resolution/monochromatic ~ 2 sec. ♦High resolution/color ~ 3 Sec. Image resolutions: 300x300 DPI for standard resolution 600x600 DPI for high resolution ♦Automatically powers off in approx. 3 minutes when not in use ♦Status LCD display ♦Automatic white balance ♦Supports MicroSD card up to 32GB ( MicroSD card not included) ♦Uses 3xAAA Alkaline batteries ♦Battery life*:AAA Alkaline batteries last approx. 200 color scans or 250 monochromatic scans 900mAH rechargeable batteries last approx. 200 color scans or 250 monochromatic scans|
Portable Scanner FAQ
The device won’t switch on.
Ensure that you’ve inserted three AAA batteries in the device.
The device gives me ‘Error’ message during scan.
When scanning a document, slide the device in a straight line at a constant speed for a proper scan. If you go too fast, the device will you ‘Error’ message.
The device is not storing my scanned images.
Ensure that you have inserted a microSD card in the device.
Can I used the scanner without batteries?
Yes. You can use the scanner without batteries by connecting it to a PC/Mac using the included mini-USB cable.
1) Open the battery compartment and insert three AAA batteries.
2) Insert a microSD card in the slot provided.
3) Press and hold the ‘Power/Menu’ button for two seconds to switch the device on.
4) Press the “Power/Menu’ button once to enter the settings menu, where you can change color, resolution, format, encryption, and time settings.
5) Put the document that you want to scan on a flat surface.
6) Press the ‘Scan’ button on the device and slide the device over the document in a straight line, as shown below.
7) Press the ‘Scan’ button again to exit scanning mode. The document counter on the display will change, indicating that your scanned file has been saved to the microSD card.
8) To view scanned images on PC/Mac, connect the device to your PC using the included mini-USB cable. The device will show up as a mass storage device on your system.
9) You can install the MagicScan OCR software to scan and convert your documents into text-editable formats.
1) Do not scan documents on uneven surfaces.
2) Do not try to disassemble the device.
3) Do not pour water or other liquids on the device.