You have no items in your shopping cart.
It has an internal 4 GB memory (and supports SD card expansion up to another 4 GB) allowing you to carry up to a thousand books in your palm library. Resolution is 600 x 800 pixel.
Update - Now supports DRM protected books, so you can buy books from practially any online EBOOK store that supports ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS and read it on the Merlin Ebook or Ebook lite readers!
It supports practically every ebook format out, including EPUB, PDF, TXT, HTML, DOC and more
It uses revolutionary electronic-paper display technology that provides a sharp, black-and-white screen that looks and reads just like it would on real paper. It is easy to read and will not strain the eyes like LCD screens do. It also provides the best PDF reflow capability that gives a better reading experience. It has a built-in MP3 player and comes with free earphones at an astounding low price
The Merlin eBook turns the next page in the history of reading. The Merlin eBook is a great new way to enjoy reading your favourite books and lets you carry up to 8000 eBooks, pictures and files with you, wherever you go. At 9mm thick and only 180g it's incredibly thin and light, and the long battery life means you can enjoy up to 8000 pages between charges- that's equivalent to about 3 months reading for the average reader.
Utilizing the revolutionary electronic-paper display technology by E Ink Corporation, the Merlin EBOOK provides a sharp, black-and-white screen that looks and reads just like it would on real paper. So now you can read text just as easily in bright sunlight as you would in your own living room. Also, the text in the crisp and easy to read. The Merlin Ebook screen does not have the angle-of-view issue like LCD screens do, so users can comfortably read as long as they like.
Thin and lightweight - easy to hold and carry
With the weight of 6.4 ounces (180g) and the thickness of 0.4 (9.2mm), the Merlin EBOOK is thinner as well as lighter than a typical paperback, while also fitting well in your hand. You can fit thousands of books on the Merlin Reader and it’s very easy to hold and read both indoors and outdoors. Actually, you can take it anywhere with you - the park, the bus, the doctor’s office, even when traveling etc.
Enjoy your music collection while reading
With a built-in MP3 player, the Merlin EBOOK Reader enables you to enjoy your favorite music while reading your favorite books or documents. After downloading your MP3 files to your computer and transferring them via USB to your eSlick, you can simply press the "Music button", go directly to the MP3 folder and select the specific music to play.
Ultra-low power consumption and long battery life
Based on the revolutionary E-ink technology, the eSlick does not use any power to maintain a page display while only using power when an image is changed. Also, a single battery charge provides up to 8,000 pages of continuous reading. That is to say, you can read your books for an entire evening but using very little battery. The eSlick can be fully recharged in only three to four hours.
Powerful ability to support PDF files with zooming and reflow capability
With superior PDF generation and viewing technology, the Merlin EBOOK enables its users to view their favorite newspapers, magazines and novels in PDF format with just one click of a button. Printable documents like TXT, PPT, DOC, XLS, and HTML can be easily converted into a PDF document format as well as being downloaded to the device in less than one minute. Once the documents are loaded into the Merlin Reader, users have the ability to access and view these documents at any given time. The zooming feature allows users to magnify the page size from 50% to 400%. While in the reflow mode, users can read the text that has been automatically reorganized to fit the screen size and also control the font size via the menu.
|In Depth||Chipset : s3c2440 Display : e-ink 6 Inches 800×600 pixel 4-level gray scale CPU : ARM RISC S3C2440 Highest frequency 400MHz(P) OS : Linux Format : TXT, PDF, BMP, JPG, EPUB, HTML Language : Russian, English, Chinese, German Embedded Memory : 64MB File-System: FAT 16/32 Download : USB2.0 Audio : MP3 Input : Key Storage : SD card (SD expandable up to 4GB) Power Supply : Li-ion 3.7V, 800mAh|
|Weight||176g ( Include battery)|
E-Book Reader FAQ
The device does not turn ON?
- Make sure to fully charge the device and switch it ON
It does not play video file?
- Please use a file converter and convert the file to supported file types
How can I put e-books in the device?
- Connect it to your computer and download through Digital Editions;
1) Load "Digital Editions" from http://www.adobe.com/en/products/digitaleditions/#fp, then install it according to the instructions
2) Run Digital Editions, open "LIBRARY" dropdown list and select "Adobe Digital Edition Help" or press "F1" key
3) Then you can open the following page, select "Sample ebook library" to enter eBook library to load books which you want. All books you load will be listed in the main interface
4) Connect your device and computer; it will pop out a window to ask you to apply for an ID number which belong to your computer specially. After all operation is completed, you can remove your books which have been loaded before to your device
How can I clean the screen?
- Please switch off the device, wet a cloth with enough water (make sure the cloth does not spill water on the screen) and wipe the screen without applying too much pressure. Let it completely dry before turning ON
The display is stucked on the same part of the file?
- Exit the current file if doable, otherwise press and hold the reset button until it restarts. Remove the file and re-download the same file and check if it will work